Pittsburgh Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email help@theknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Update to thinking about getting a dog

I'm friends with many of you on Facebook, so you've probably seen that we did end up getting a puppy this weekend! He is the sweetest, smartest dog and is doing amazing with house training. I couldn't have imagined he'd be as wonderful as he is. We adore him.

As I'd said here, one of my main reservations was what we'd do with him when I worked. As we were considering our options, by parents' senior dog had a rapid decline in his health and sadly ended up having to be put down :( So, my parents volunteered to watch our dog the three days I work. They have a really nice fenced in yard, and although they aren't ready for another dog just yet, it works out well that they'll have ours a few days a week to lift their spirits a bit.

Anyway, just wanted to give an update, and some background for those who expressed concern about him being left on his own during the day. He's being well loved and spoiled, and although I know we'll have other issues to conquer as he grows, so far he's been the perfect addition to our clan :)

Re: Update to thinking about getting a dog

  • Awww  glad it all worked out. He is very cute from the FB pictures. :) Enjoy!!
  • Also, our cat, Carmella, hasn't seemed to be bothered by him. She smells him on us, but we haven't taken him in to see her and she doesn't appear stressed (and thankfully, hasn't resumed her marking).
  • That's great!  I'm glad it's all working out.  Enjoy your new addition. 
     
  • He is adorable Mandy! Congratulations.
  • He is really cute!  Congrats!
  • He's adorable. What breed is he?

    image
    My three sons!

  • Thanks ladies! Clare -- he's half Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and half Bichon (they call it a cavachon). Cavaliers are supposed to be wonderful family dogs, but they shed a lot and have some genetic concerns. The Bichon brings the low shedding to the table, and fewer health problems/longer life expectancy.

    I'm definitely biased, but I think he's so smart and sweet! You can tell he was loved by his breeder. He's a cuddlebug. He also didn't have a single accident in the house all day yesterday (which was his first full day with us)! And, he's STTN (which my kids didn't even do at 14 wks). He has the softest fur, but I've yet to see a single hair on me after holding him. It's puppy fur, so that may change, but my dog growing up was a spaniel (cocker) and poodle mix, and he wasn't a big shedder, so I'm hopeful.

    As you can tell, I'm a little obsessed with him :). He may end up with his own birthday video montage.
  • Hooray!  So glad things worked out for you (and your parents!)

  • he's such a cutie, congrats!!! :)
    The Blog - Parenting: Uncensored


    imageimage

    Jake - 1.15.08
    Liam - 5.17.11
  • Awww Mandy so happy it all worked out!!! I love having dogs! I would love to see a pic of your new addition! I bet the kids love havin a dog!
  • Let's see if this works. I haven't posted pics in this format (it seems too simple to work)!

  • Look at that face! He's adorable!  What's his hame?
     
  • Teddy! We had some better names picked out, but Lanna was insistent that it was going to be Teddy.

  • Aww, he's really cute! Congrats.
    Ryan & Casey Married July 17, 2004
    Gabriel John Born February 23, 2012

    image
  • Let's see if this works. I haven't posted pics in this format (it seems too simple to work)!


    Aw thanks for posting pics!! he is adorable!!!!! I am so happy for you guys that it worked out so great!!
  • Congrats on the new addition!! He is adorable!
    Kristen&Randy Married:6/30/2007 Had Faith 6/17/2008 Robbie 10/12/2011 image photos by Oh What Love Photography and Design imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards